Tuesday, January 26, 2016
I made these carrots last fall and I thought that I'd share the recipe. I actually don't like carrots too much, and I am allergic to ginger a bit. But I can eat these carrots with no problem, they are delicious.
1 pound carrots
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons ginger paste
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Whisk honey, olive oil, ginger paste, soy sauce, garlic and brown sugar.
Pour glaze over carrots on the foil lined pan, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, use a tongs to flip the carrots after 10 minutes or so.
Leave in the oven until carrots are soft and tender.
Monday, January 11, 2016
Below are some positive affirmations to start off your 2016!
- I wake up today with strength in my heart and clarity in my mind.
- Releasing all fear, I step into the success of accomplishing my dreams.
- Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. I breath and face stressors with a calm mind and relaxed attitude.
- I allow myself to see the true magnitude of my stressors as small & insignificant.
- I listen to and trust my intuition to guide me toward healing.
- I am willing to step outside of my comfort zone to accomplish the goals I set for myself.
- I only focus on the next step to take and trust that I am being lead toward the best and highest fulfillment of my goals.
Wednesday, January 6, 2016
Happy New Year! I started off this year at a new job, crazy circumstances resulted in me accepting an offer to a new position. So already time to celebrate after last years' disaster after disaster and me keeping my head up in the storm. Hopefully, this decision was right and I'll learn a lot.
Besides that I am considering entering The Junk Show however, it all depends on my ability to get up early, drive an hour away and then do some serious heavy lifting between 5-7am... I also need a party tent in case of rain. I will keep this blog posted, you can also check my instagram for updates.