Home About Shop News Support

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Living Room Makeover

This makeover has been a long time coming, but I was first inspired from this photo I saw on the Beautiful Mess Blog:

http://www.abeautifulmess.com


But I wanted to change it up for my own apartment. So, instead of these shelves and the light wood color, I decided to go for an all white look to keep from making my apartment look small. This is difficult because I have a brown carpet that is not very attractive. So I went to Ikea and found some shelves that would work in my space.


Then I decided to get rid of my large dark cherry wood coffee table. and move my "small" traveling trunk from my bedroom (where it was a bench) into my living-room as a coffee table. I also added my two seats I got at Target under the bottom shelves, which fit perfectly!






And here's a close up of my trunk, where you can really see the green hues:

I chose to display my books and DVDs by their color, which may be annoying when it comes to finding something, but I really love the way it looks:




Lastly, I moved my seat and my side table from my living-room into my bedroom, and I think I made the right choice. This seating area looks pretty good, now I'll just have to find a tablecloth for my small table to make it look a little cleaner, what are your thoughts? Leave it the way it is or add a tablecloth?


Shelves: Ikea
Blue geometric print: Margins
Silver benches: Target
Trunk: Vintage find
Magazine Rack: Vintage find
Mid Century Modern Vintage Nagel Candleholders: Vintage find
Faux leather chair: Vintage find
Mosaic table: Mexico
Art Nouveau prints: Disneyland (1997)
Basket: Cost Plus/World Market


No comments:

Post a Comment